The floor is one of the most important sections of the house and any wrong installation will ruin a beautifully designed house. You should, therefore, be very careful before making a choice of an Ogden hardwood floor contractor if want a great outcome on your hardwood floor.
Here are some of the questions that you should ask a hardwood contractor before signing the contract on any project:
- What is the best hardwood flooring for my house? Though you are already decided on the look you desire to have for your house, it will be right to get a professional opinion before the work begins. There are different types of hardwood flooring and because the contractor has vast experience in the field, he will be able to offer the right advice based on the level of humidity in your locality, and the natural environment that surrounds your home.
- How long will you take for the installation? The hardwood contractor should be able to estimate the time that the installation will take even before the work begins. This will be based on the size of the floor that is being worked on, the extras like when there will be a need to move the furniture and if this is included in the cost of the installation.
- What are the charges for the installation? The hardwood contractor should be able to know how much it will cost for the installation. There are some contractors that will charge a small fee for the quotations while others will give it for free.
- Do you offer a warranty for the hardwood floor application? Most hardwood floor contractors will at least a one-year warranty after a hardwood floor application while others will give more. You should also seek to know if there are any restrictions that would hinder the application of the warranty.
- Are you insured as a hardwood contractor? The right hardwood contractor should be insured against anything that may go wrong in the course of the installation. He should be able to provide a copy of the insurance policy so that you will be armed before the work begins.
- Do you have any references? The right hardwood contractor should be able to give you contacts of the people he has worked for before? This will give you a chance to either ask about the quality of the job done by the contractor and if possible, visit the home where he has carried out the installation and have a better view of how well he can get the job done.
The reviews from the people he has worked with before will tell if he can be trusted or not. If most of the reviews are positive, you can also be sure that he will do a perfect job for you. Do not just trust any Ogden hardwood floor contractor before carrying out a background check to be assured that hiring him is the best decision. He should be knowledgeable in this field and not one that will struggle to answer simple questions regarding the hardwood floor installation. Check them out at: https://www.bakersfield-decks.com/